JUNIOR HELPDESK ENGINEER – Full time
Location: Brookvale (head office)
We’re a vibrant, switched on small (boutique as some like to call it) team located in Brookvale. We love giving world-class friendly IT Support
We’ve been around since 2005 and have extensive experience in installing, configuring and maintaining IT Infrastructure for Small and Medium Business. We understand our client’s needs and plan and implement solutions that work for business, both in the short term and long term.
Our purpose and passion is enabling our clients to focus on what they do best.
About the Role:
As part of the growth and evolution of our team, we are currently looking for a Junior Support Technician to join our team in Brookvale. The role covers several areas including basic – complex Helpdesk support, server and network set up and support, web support, and more.
Our clients vary with a mix of small to medium sized businesses in a variety of locations.
The Junior Helpdesk Technician handles the first level support requests that come in from our clients. They are the first to touch a helpdesk ticket and make sure that the issue is handled quickly and the client is informed of what to expect every step of the way.
- Providing a first point of contact for customers through our helpdesk, be that via phone, email or ticket
- Delight our clients with a friendly, quick and helpful experience
- Provide the client with basic remote troubleshooting
- A Passion for I.T
USE OF OUR TICKETING SYSTEM
- Use our Ticketing System to work on and resolve Helpdesk Tickets & Service Requests
- Managing and recording all work through our Ticketing System
- Make sure that client documentation is well maintained
- Split tickets that have several issues into their own individual ticket
- Make sure that tickets aren’t “stale” throughout the process
COMMUNICATION, REPORTING & RISK
- Escalate tickets that require Senior Helpdesk Engineer support
- Communicate to the client the status of their ticket every step of the way, notify them of any changes or outages related to their issue
- Submit Timesheets & Expense reports as indicated on their SOPs
- Identify, Communicate and mitigate potential risks to the Operations Manager and clients
- Follow the schedule provided by the Service Delivery Manager or Service Coordinator / Dispatcher
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for daily / weekly recurring tasks
- Follow all our Security Procedures, keeping a vigilant eye for security issues
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Contribute to the process of innovative change effectively
Skills and Attributes:
- A love of (and ability to) solve problems and challenges
- Great communications skills, founded in being a good listener
- An understanding of support tools, techniques and how technology is used to provide services
- A deep desire to deliver an amazing client experience
- Knowledge of I.T Applications, Software and Hardware
- The ability to speak both “Geek” and human
- Driver’s license
To apply, please email your application to: